Illinois Logo

Back

Inspired Catering And Events Always Does Things Right

By Keith Donaldson

Located in Chicago, Inspired Catering and Events provides top-notch catering services to the Windy City. Originally part of a restaurant group Inspired has been in business since 2015 but the catering division has been around for 14 years. Owner Karen Stefani took some time to answer our questions.

What ​was the inspiration behind opening Inspired Catering and Events? How long have you been in business?

Inspired Catering was formerly Phil Stefani Signature Events. My husband and I first opened a restaurant in 1980. Since that time, we have opened (and closed) over 20 restaurants over the years. Because of high demand, we started Phil Stefani Signature Events for off premise catering. I have been running PSSE for the last 14 years, and 2 years ago transitioned the company to Inspired Catering and Events, becoming a WBE, DBE, and ACDBE certified caterer.

When the people think of your ​catering and events, what do you want them to think of in terms of atmosphere and experience with food?

The most important thing to me is the personalized attention from start to finish, and the quality of food and service throughout the duration of our events. I will never be the largest catering company, but I want to be the best when it comes to our clients. They are the key and we want to make their dreams come true. We want to impress our clients and their guests with a superb display of culinary, hospitality, and décor skills, but most of all we want them to feel comfortable, as well as satisfied with the quality of the food.

What is ​one of you personal favorite menu items you offer and why?

It's hard to pick just one, so I'll give you one of my favorite appetizers, entrees, and desserts. For appetizers, one of my favorites is our duck bacon and brussels sprout hash crostini. It's such a great combination of savory and salty flavors that works perfectly for fall and winter. My favorite entrée is from our wedding menu, our tender short ribs. We serve them with a ricotta-horseradish grit cake and sautéed collard greens with pickled onions, and the short ribs are so tender they just melt in your mouth. I have a bit of sweet tooth, and for desserts I'm a big fan of our chocolate bread pudding and our chocolate dipped frozen banana lollipops rolled in fruity pebbles. Both are so fun and classic with a twist; I love the sense of nostalgia they give guests.

Why do you think someone should choose Inspired for their catering needs?

Many of the staff have been with Inspired for years, even from the years we were Phil Stefani's Signature Events. Their pride in the work they do shows through in the attention to detail to the care given to the client. They truly help make our events successful and memorable, and I think that's something not all caterers can say. We also do our best to accommodate every guest, whether that be with food allergies/sensitivities or just making someone feel comfortable, and taking care of our clients and their guests is a priority for us.

Comments

Leave a comment:

* Login in order to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join for Free
10/10/2019

Emma Jason

I am glad that i came to see this, really loved it. Thank you for sharing it. I have bookmarked your page, excited to see more of it!<br

8/22/2019

Golden zari

Can I use a portion of it on my site ? I would obviously link back to your page so people could view the complete I to get one https://goldenzari.com.pk

7/20/2019

Buy Custom Logo

Great suggestions. Loss is loss. It can be the loss of a loved one who has died, or a divorce, or a job. The way you presented it is very informative and detailed. Great job.

6/24/2019

harsha rao

Bpost, also recognized as the Belgian Post Group, is the Belgian parcel tracking service responsible for the delivery of national as well as international mail.

5/21/2019

meerab meerab

My business is extremely loved due to this blog. The a informative subject matter. This support us very much to fix a few problems. The opportunity are generally therefore excellent in addition to

5/1/2019

Sena Aka

Ooh great!! catering is the best invention ever ahah) people who works remote undersatnd me
By the way I`m working for the [https://samedayessays.net/write-my-coursework/

4/4/2019

meerab meerab

I have perused your site it is exceptionally useful for me. I need to express profound gratitude to you. I have bookmark your site for future redesigns.

3/21/2019

gordon blue

If you want to write such touching articles, try https://www.masterpapers.com college essay and you will succeed. For an excellent assignment, I recommend you our

3/5/2019

meerab meerab

I am consistently flabbergasted by the measure of data accessible on this subject. What you introduced was all around investigated and eloquent keeping in mind the end goal to get your stand on this

2/28/2019

Lauren Foster

This is my first possibility to speak in this internet site. I found out some certainly excellent matters and I can take a look at the enhancement of my personal weblog. Continue sharing the greater

1/23/2019

Thomas Finch

The history of you starting business you have shared. Restaurant business it self & starting it. The initial stages you have shared are good.I go for outing for such casual outings i use a brand

1/9/2019

Jordan Belfort

Motivated Catering and Events has its foundations in Phil Stefani Signature Events. In 1980, Phil Stefani and his sibling opened their mark eatery Stefani's in Lincoln Park, alongside a branch

1/5/2019

Jason Wint

I like this post. It is hard to make a certain choice. I am a writer from https://speedypaper.app/ and I face the problem of choice very often.

12/14/2018

Cynthia Orion

Investigate turning into an affirmed occasion organizer. Check whether any occasion organizers in your general vicinity are searching for understudies or would welcome you into their organizations to

11/26/2018

Angela Richard

The simple card using The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's Patriotic Sentiments stamp set is really excellent. Nice creative idea and really appreciating.

9/26/2018

Gracie Flora

i have a piece of sweet teeth, and for cakes i'm a large fan of our chocolate bread pudding and our chocolate dipped frozen banana lollipops rolled in fruity

9/21/2018

There you are easily manage your system touchpad speed and other touch pad problem, this is really a best educational site [https://windowsclassroom.com/touchpad-not-working-windows-10

7/24/2018

ferlikks densers

Amazingly informative and helpful post.Everything is good enough and website is very well designed.I am very glad that I have come across to your blog because you have shared a one of a kind blog

About The Author

Become an Expert Contributor

Have some knowledge to share, and want easy and effective exposure to our audience? Get your articles or guides featured on Illinois Homes today! Learn more about being an expert contributor.

Learn More